Wednesday, October 27, 2010

yosi kadiri


If you are a smoker and is contemplating to quit, moving to the UK, I'm certain, will make it easier for you to kick the habit.

Above is a picture of a vending machine that sells cigarettes. At £8 a pack, that's really pricey considering there are only 16 sticks inside the pack. I'm sure it's a wee bit cheaper if you buy your fags in the supermarkets but generally speaking, it's still expensive.

There is also a smoking ban in the UK. It's illegal to smoke in all enclosed public places and enclosed work place in the country. Offenders are fined and some may be taken to court too.

I quit 6 years ago. Back then I wasn't planning on quitting. I got ill and for 2 weeks I stopped smoking. When I realised that I spent almost £120 in the 4 weeks prior to my being sick, I had to at least try and kick the habit. Surprisingly, it was quite easy. I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms and any behavioral changes.

Whilst I do advocate freedom to choose how people live their life, ever since I quit, I developed a some sort of aversion to smoking. I do think about it sometimes though. After all I loved it when I was still smoking, however, I don't think I would ever go back to it. It's bad for the health, pocket and the environment.

By the way, you can't call yourself an evironmentalist if you continue to light a cigarette and smoke like a chimney.

Be smart, quit now.

No comments: