Monday, April 30, 2007

a box of me

I found this thread in ustex.

------------------------------------------

So, say you were meeting a new person--blind date, new friend, who knows. And you wanted them to have some idea of what kind of person you are, and who you are. But you can't actually tell them in so many words. Instead, you have to give them a box, with a dozen or so things in it for them to look at/read/listen to/taste/whatever. "What would you put in the box? And a copy of your journal or a link to your blog would be the same thing as just telling them directly, yourself, so that's not allowed."

------------------------------------------

These are the things you should expect to see when you open my box.

  • dried twigs bundled together by red and black threads
  • ripped pages of Gaiman's the Sandman series
  • Pollock's Summertime
  • bottle of still water
  • the Beach Boys' greatest hits album
  • Philippine flag
  • my family picture taken last christmas
  • movie stubs
  • passport
  • red Chucks
  • remote control
  • Mother of Perpetual Help prayer book
  • bag of rice
  • library card
  • theatre tickets
  • framed photo of me and the prettier half
  • feather pillows
  • a sharp cleaver
  • tennis balls

Ikaw, what will you put in your box?

4 comments:

mschumey07 said...

Wow, you got me thinking there.

1. CDs of Sting, Tears for Fears and General Public
2. My kids pics
3. Pepsi Maxx
4. A slice of pizza (my fave)
5. Last of the Mohicans (film or book)
6. Victims of Yalta (book)
7. Car keys
8. My not so hi-tech cellphone
9. My Ferrari cap
10. Bowling ball
11. My wife's pic
12. Sand

kikomeister said...

i thought of sand too, kaya lang madudumihan 'yung mga unan ko eh. hehehe!

Sidney said...

Can I put myself into the box?
Yes, I know, I am cheating...
Thanks for pointing out the pa/inata error.

kikomeister said...

if you can find a box big enough to fit you in. hehe! no probs, mate.