Tuesday, June 17, 2008

a-choo!***

You know you've been away too long from home when your body, which you thought was immune to a majority of diseases having survived living in the Philippines, contacts some "foreign illness".

I have hay fever. And I absolutely hate summer in this country because it is at this time when my allergy is at its worst. All flowers are abloom and looking pretty, the air filled with the most atrocious smells. Take the lily for example. Put me in a room with a bunch of them and I begin a sneezing frenzy.

I long for the autumn, when it's dark and gloomy. When flowers begin to wilt and leaves start to fall.


*** In Tagalog, ha-tsing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh darn. That sucks. Well, good luck to you!

kikomeister said...

thanks, mate. and you.

Anonymous said...

i think it's still better there than here in texas.

kikomeister said...

i suppose. y'all take care.