Saturday, January 17, 2009

gitara

I come from a musical family. All of us can sing. And by sing I don't mean just carry a tune. Our house is never quiet when we are home. Songs belted out occur sporadically. And the tunes range from Burt Bacarach to Britney Spears, Mariah Carey to April Boy Regino, and The Beach Boys to The APO. I enjoyed music so much, I even dreamed of playing an instrument.

My parents bought me two guitars. Once when I was 14 and the last time just before High School graduation. Both guitars ended up broken without me even learning how to play a single chord.

Whilst in Cebu, Ketty and I visited a guitar factory in Mactan Island. The name of which seemed to escape my memory. And with a camera in my hand, I started clicking away. By the way, I learned from one of the makers that they air dry the wood for 5 years before they use it to make a good product. I didn't think the process is painstaking and ardous at all.

Activate magazine mode.









4 comments:

Sidney said...

Filipinos are born entertainers... so I am not surprised to learn you are a good singer !

Happy New year ! I wish you all the best for 2009!

kikomeister said...

we are indeed. proof of that is the fact how entertaining our politicians cam be. and i don't mean that in a good way.

happy new year to you too.

Anonymous said...

activate magazine mode? lolz!! hilarious! (^_^)v

kikomeister said...

hehehe. all photos, no substance. hehehe.