Tuesday, June 26, 2007

sari-saring potpourri

There are 26 copies of The Order of The Phoenix in Maidstone Library. As of 1300 today, all of which had been checked out. I guess all of us wanted to re-read the book again (this is the fourth time I'm reading the book) before the new film comes out.

-------------------

If you are reading this in Manila, be sure to check out the Virgin Labfest at CCP. Some of the country's best in theatre will be participating in the said festival. One of them is a very good friend who will be appearing in "Three Sisters" directed by Jose Estrella.

Joel, break a leg! I have always admired your talent and your audacity to chase your dream. There is nothing more important than following your heart's desire and living your passion. All the best pare. Btw, goodluck on your impending career on cable tv. Naks, pa-autograph pag-uwi ko. hehehe

--------------------

Speaking of good friends, happy birthday to Remy and JR. Have a wicked day and remember: y'all will get it all, only not everything at the same time!

--------------------

And talking about dreams, my cousin Lala's PCIJ feature has been posted on the Ateneo website. Well-done! Please write more.

--------------------

Read this new commandment of the Philippine Catholic Church: Thou shalt not wear skimpy clothes to mass.

It's really alarming how some people consider going to church as an opportunity to display their new clothes. I remember one of my teachers in highschool telling our class: "Sa simbahan ang punta n'yo, hindi sa gimikan."

-------------------

For three years now, I've been telling myself (and those who cared to listen) that I'll be going to Wimbledon. This year, it looks like it's going to happen. My mate and I are planning to catch one of the men's semi-final matches at the All England Club next week. I hope it doesn't rain.

-------------------

Lastly, the missus shares her recipe for the best kare-kare here. I swear by the only blonde hair in my body (one and a half inches long on my left arm), it's really masarap!

No comments: