Tuesday, December 30, 2008

airline potpourri

Fact 1: I love airline food. There maybe nothing special about them but still, dishes served on flights always leave me fulfilled and satisfied. Perhaps it's the fact that there really is no alternative when you're 30,000 feet above ground. It's either that or you wait till you get to the next airport. Which is not really worth looking forward to since choices at any airports are always fast food anyway. Nevertheless, I always finish everything on my tray. Except the chocolates because I find their smell repulsive.

Here are pictures of what I had when I travelled from London Heathrow terminal III to Manila's NAIA terminal I and back.








































































Did I tell you there were two stops? First in Bangkok Suvarnabhumi (though massive, it looked eerily like an insect. A giant caterpillar or a huge dragonfly, I can't seem to figure out what exactly) to refuel and in Kuwait where I transferred to a different plane. Fact 2: the international airport in Kuwait, not so nice (Mas lamang lang ng isang paligo sa NAIA). It's dated and small. And freezing too! Also, I hated that people can just smoke freely anywhere, disregarding the polite notice to smoke in designated areas.

No comments: