In general, the new HP film didn't disappoint.
Alfonso Cuaron's HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban is still my favorite film adaptation but the Order of the Phoenix is my favorite book. Having said that, I think the filmmakers did a good job in the adaptation. I have a few complaints though. I wish they could've added more scenes about the Order after all that's where the story is based. I also think that Ron and Hermione's prefectorial duties should be in the film specially since in the first book, Ron saw himself as the Head Boy in the Mirror of Erised. And lastly, where is Quidditch?!?
Anyway, despite those complaints I enjoyed the film immensely. Here are my top ten highs of the movie:
1. Although she isn't exactly fat, ugly and toad-like, Imelda Staunton is perfect for the role. She masked Umbridge's cruel and devilish ways by her saccharine smiles, annoying giggles and rich pink wardrobe.
2. The DA sessions almost compensated for the lack of Qudditch. I particularly enjoyed the lesson on Patronuses.
3. The supporting cast is outstanding. Although some of them only appeared briefly they still impressed. Amongst the younger cast, the actress playing Luna Lovegood is the best. And if I may add, Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson aren't bad either.
4. The wandering (wand duelling) is awesome. Harry against Lucius and Sirius against Bella. Dumbledore and Voldemort's face off is spectacular. Fire and water, sand and wind. Breath-taking indeed.
5. Snippets from the previous films used are nostalgic. How nice to see Harry and the gang grow up.
6. Helena Bonham Carter's presence is amazing. Her scenes are very minimal yet she clearly made her mark as a sadistic, twisted and wicked witch.
7. The Weasley twins' fireworks are cool. And the W at the end of the scene is a very nice touch.
8. Aunt Petunia's outfit is hilarious.
9. Snape hitting Ron in the head is very funny.
10. Kudos to the new director for using some element from the previous films. Most particularly, Hedwig's theme, the Hogwarts grounds and the locking system that looks like the inside of a clock from HP3 .