Saturday, July 07, 2007

07.07.07

Seeing the sun shining brightly today is really refreshing specially after that terrible weather recently. And the seven hours of sleep made my mood even livelier. I haven't had a decent sleep the last couple of days, so I woke up this morning feeling so much better.

Since it's such a lovely day, I decided to go to town for some sightseeing and to take pictures. This time, I chose to take of photos of the Riverside Place. Like most progresssive towns anywhere, Maidstone was founded near a body of water. The river Medway runs through the heart of town. The council has recently unveiled plans to develop the banks of the river from Whatman Park to Allington Lock.

Here are some of my captures. To view the whole album, click here.










The River Medway










Under the Bridge










White Stripes










Flying, er, Floating Balloon










Archbisop's Palace

-------------------

Did you know that it's supposed to be the luckiest day of the year? Today is the seventh day of the seventh month, 2007. According to superstitious beliefs, the triple appearance of the number 7 will bring luck.

It sure did bring luck to me. In fact, I am that lucky something great happened to me a day early.

No comments: