Tuesday, October 17, 2006

one day in history

This entry is in support of this campaign.

I finished work an hour early today because I had to come in early last night. On my way home I thought what a difference a week makes. Most of the trees in my street have turned orange, brown and yellow. Some even started to shed their leaves. I am so glad Autumn's finally here. After that long and record-breaking summer, I am really looking forward to cooler temperatures because it makes my sleep during the day really pleasant.

I think, I slept just after 8am after almost two hours on the phone with Ketty. I miss her a lot. I know, it's not even 2 weeks since we last saw each other, but I miss her so much, it hurts. Mahal ko, konting tiis na lang and we'll finally be together.

When I woke up after 3PM, I felt relieved that I'm not working tonight because I get to have a day off. I then remembered I had to do some shopping today. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and changed clothes and went to the local supermarket. I bought meat, eggs, pepper, mushrooms, potatoes and carrots. After shopping, I went home straight away and did the laundry.

I turned the telly on and watch Friends. How cool is it to watch all the episodes everyday at 5pm and then at 8pm? At half seven, I had my dinner, Tinolang manok. I was stuffed.

Before writing this entry, I was hopeful that I would write about an interesting and exciting day. But now that I am about to wrap up, I can't believe how mundane and dull this day has been. But why am I complaining? It could have been worse. I could be locked up in a jail, confined in a hospital or even dead.

It's great to be alive, innit?

No comments: