Thursday, May 17, 2007

disenfranchised and other election paraphernalia

I am a statistic. Because my ballot never reached me, I am one of the 84.5% registered overseas voters who wasn't able to practice our right to suffrage. For the first time in my adult life, I failed to vote. I am pissed off not only because I wasn't able to vote for my candidates but also because now, I am robbed of the privilege to moan against the government!

--------------------

I am thrilled to learn of Garci's deafeat. Ang kapal kasi ng mukha mo! How you can look at other people in the eye is beyond me. I hope that some powers that be will come to their senses and prosecute you. When that happens, may you rot in jail.

And even more thrilling is Pacquiao's imminent loss in GenSan. Stick to what you're good at. I hope you learn your lesson. Those people who convinced you to join politics had only their personal interests with them from the beginning. I am sure you know by now that they were just after your money.

The actors running for senator are trailing. Note to actors in the senate: You are very lucky to be sitting in that "esteemed" chamber. Be grateful to those people "stupid" enough to vote for you by fighting for the truth and justice. Do everything you can to alleviate poverty. Lastly, come 2010, should the three (Bong Revilla, Lito Lapid and Jinggoy Estrada) of you decide to run again, matalo sana kayo.

-------------------

Although not related to the Philippine election (circus), congratulations to the three Filipinas on top of Mt. Everest. Noelle Wenceslao, Carina Dayondon and Janet Belarmino hold the honor for being the first SE Asian women to reach the summit of the world's highest mountain.

Mabuhay ang lahing Kayumanggi!

2 comments:

Sidney said...

Well lets wait and see! I am still not convinced that good politicians were elected!
We should judge people by what they achieve. I want to see poverty going down!

kikomeister said...

not all good politicians were elected, i agree. but at least a significant number of the bad eggs lost. in any case, we still have a long way to go.